Many find it difficult to acknowledge that they are struggling and don’t quite feel like themselves. Whether its been a month or a year, you don’t have to go through life feeling a constant sadness or lack of zest for life that you used to have.
So what is depression and what does it feel like?
- A deep sadness, uncontrollable crying, hopelessness, or emptiness
- Being easily angered and finding yourself constantly frustrated or irritated even over small matters
- Not feeling like yourself and loosing interest or pleasure in most or all normal activities
- Not getting enough sleep at night and finding yourself getting swept away by racing thoughts
- You sleeping too much and unable to complete tasks
- Feeling tired and lacking energy, so even small tasks take extra effort
- You regularly have feelings of worthlessness or guilt, fixating on past failures or self-blame
- Having trouble thinking, concentrating, making decisions and remembering things
- Having frequent or recurrent thoughts of death, suicidal thoughts, suicide attempts
If any of the above symptoms describe you, please contact me so we can get back on the path to healthy and purposeful living.